Friday, November 20, 2009

the minimalist's 101 Thanksgiving

Did you catch Mark Bittman's piece in Wednesday's NY Times?  How fantastic is this? 

I find his cookbooks to be such essential tools in the kitchen, and his blog is so entertaining. Whenever I see pictures of his tiny NYC kitchen it makes me feel better about my own kitchen in the city. If he can develop and test recipes in that space, then I most certainly can attempt to too. 

There are so many delicious recipes in this list. I think I'll try this one this weekend: # 56 Cook lentils, thyme sprigs and chopped carrots in a pot with water to cover until tender; drain and remove thyme. Cook chopped onions in oil until soft; add chopped kale and allow to wilt. Add lentils, stir to combine and cook until kale is tender. Add chopped parsley. 

I've been trying to get my daughter, Vivi, to eat lentils (and greens!) but it hasn't gone over too well. This is probably not the best recipe to try getting a five-year old to eat them (kale, anyone?), but it sure does sound good to me. 

Have a good weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment