Monday, June 7, 2010

Tomatoes and herbs are finally planted



The weather was crazy this weekend, what with a tornado warning in upstate New York. But we managed to get to the nursery for the tomato plants that I had planned to plant last week, and in the midst of a torrential downpour, I got the plants in the ground.

We picked up some herb plants too. Planting the cukes and zucchini got rained out, so Mom's going to get them in this week. Thanks Mom! I'm finally starting to feel as if the garden will really take shape. I just need to keep weeding and weeding and weeding.

It's going to be worth the effort. And having Vivi at my side while weeding has been great inspiration. The radishes and lettuces are growing nicely, and Vivi's getting curious about how they're growing and when we can eat them. That curiosity is exactly what I was hoping for. I just hope she'll eat the veggies. If only I could plant a mac and cheese plant, all be will happy in Viviland.

No comments:

Post a Comment