Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Six-minute pork chops


Sunday dinner could not have been any easier (well, it was super easy for me since I didn't make it!). Fred made these delicious pork chops in less than 10 minutes. It's recipes like this that make is so easy for all of us to sit down and eat dinner together, which is a major challenge for us. Most weeknights I don't get home until close to 7 o'clock, and that's too late to start dinner and get Vivi to bed on time. So Fred whips up dinner for Vivi, and then I make something for me and Fred. It's a crazy set up. So I love it when we can make something tasty and quick and we all eat it together. This is one of those dishes that will work great during the week.

The seasoning mix is a combination of smokey cumin and sweet brown sugar. I got the recipe from the myrecipes.com newsletter. Not only did we love it, but Vivi ate an entire chop. I think the fresh, spring air is giving that little girl an appetite.

Check out the recipe (we doubled the original):

4 (4-ounce) boneless pork loin chops (about 3/4-inch thick)
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
3 teaspoons olive oil

Combine coriander, cumin, and sugar in a shallow bowl.

Sprinkle pork with garlic salt.

Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat (we used a cast-iron skillet).

Sprinkle spice mixture over 1 side of pork.

Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add pork to pan, spice side down.

Cook 2 minutes or until browned. Turn pork over, and cook 4 minutes or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment