Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Roast pork with bok choy and noodles



Well my recipe for the leftover pork turned out pretty good (I wish I could say the same for the picture. Yikes!). So here is dinner #5 from one boneless pork loin. The really great thing about this dish is that it takes about 15 minutes to make. I shouted out the instructions to Fred as I was heading to Vivi's room to read a book and tuck her in for the night. When I came out, it was done.

Here's what he did.

Cut 4 of the leftover slices of pork into strips. Separate the leaves of one bunch of bok choy and rinse with cold water. Heat a glug of sesame oil in a pan over medium heat, and grate a little fresh ginger into the hot oil. Stir for about one minute. Add the pork and coat with the oil and ginger. Add about 1/4 cup of soy sauce and let that steam for a minute, then add a cup of chicken broth. Bring to a boil and then place the bok choy on top of the pork and sprinkle some sliced mushrooms on top. Cover and steam for about 3 minutes. When the bok choy starts to wilt add some soba noodles to the pan and stir through the hot broth. Cover again and cook for 3-5 minutes. Done.



I added a little bit of Chinese chili paste to the pan when Fred wasn't looking, and it ended up being a little too spicy for him. I loved it. Leave that out for the kids. If we hadn't started dinner so late, this would have been a hit with Vivi. I have plenty of pork in the freezer, so she may get a chance to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment