Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Strawberries!!


'Tis the season for u-pick strawberries. I went strawberry picking as a kid and I remember eating more berries than I put in the basket. Berry juice would drip down my chin and the sun would beat down on my neck. I would be hot and sticky but not care in the least. Well, Vivi seems to be following right in my footsteps.


Although it was gray and rainy most of the weekend, we still got out to Thompson Finch Farm and picked our own berries. I couldn't believe it when Fred said it was his first time to pick his own strawberries. Within half an hour we picked 10 pounds. Not a bad haul considering we had two novices along for the ride.

A few hours later...



strawberries with sour-cream biscuits.

2 comments:

  1. So jealous! Looks delicious! I can't for the life of me find a place to pick strawberries around here. I did find a strawberry festival to go to when Mom is here though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a tubby waiting to happen!

    ReplyDelete